FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTION
Buy Now, Pay Later
free uk delivery over £ 50
60 day hassle free returns
Vertex 2 Stroke Piston Kit - KTM 250cc
Manufactured in Italy, Vertex, the premier brand of OEM replacement pistons, is the OEM supplier to KTM and numerous European motorcycle and go-kart manufacturers. Vertex offers enthusiasts state-of-the-art, high-quality pistons for nearly any powersport use from motorcycles and ATVs to marine and karting. Manufactured to the highest standards in Japan, Vertex’s piston rings are produced by the OEM suppliers so that they are direct OEM replacements. Vertex is the choice of those who truly seek the optimum in powersport performance in any application.
Why is Vertex Cast pistons better than forged?
Because of a cast piston’s ability to contain higher silicon content compared to forged pistons, and because twostrokes have lower cylinder pressures when compared to four-strokes, cast pistons are ideal for two-stroke engines. Vertex pistons are gravity cast from an aluminum alloy with 18% silicon content.
Why is Silicon important?
• It decreases thermal expansion, which changes the geometry after the piston reaches operating temperature. With low thermal expansion characteristics, Vertex pistons can be run at tighter tolerances compared with forged pistons. This creates better power and performance, also making them less susceptible to rattling or breaking.
• Silicon gives the pistons better wear characteristics and prolongs piston life by decreasing wear on the piston skirt. Aiding in the break-in process and reducing wear, every Vertex piston has a Molybdenum Disulphide (MOS2) coating on the piston skirt.
Vertex Piston Kit features:
• Standard pistons and components are OEM replacements.
• Kits include piston, rings, wrist pin and circlips.
• All pistons are heat treated with a T-5 or T-6 hardening and tempering cycle.
• Replacement rings are sold individually.